Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Sharing

No this isn't going to be about the "joys" of teaching Chloe to share, now that Megan wants to play with all the toys.

This is about teaching Mommy to share.

So after over an hour of particular stress and chaos created by two very unhappy girls I eventually got them calmed down and playing nicely. (Still have no idea what was actually wrong with them!) I decided I deserved a treat. Since I'm trying (notice I said trying...) to enforce the rule "Strictly no junk in the house" I got a yummy yoghurt from the fridge and sat down to the computer. No sooner had I opened the yoghurt, Chloe had stopped playing with whatever it was she was playing with and was clearing the seat next to me. Megan was sitting on the floor in front of me and she was also soon looking around to see what all the fuss was. Now, I have no problem sharing! But Chloe inhales food that doesn't require chewing, and Megan has taken a liking to being spoon fed FAST. Me, on the other hand, I like to slowly eat my treat, and really enjoy it. Some for me, some for Chloe some for Megan. By the time I get back to me, Chloe is getting excited about her next spoonful and is bouncing a little, and Megan is whinging "more, now more more now now now now more". I just stopped and starting laughing! I couldn't help it, the two girls just looking at me in anticipation for their next bit of yogurt! It was too funny. Chloe started laughing with me, like she knew why I was laughing, and Megan soon followed.

I continued to share my yoghurt, I didn't get much of it :) But as soon as we were finished, Chloe took the yogurt pot from me, and brought it to the bin, calling herself a "Goo Gir" (Good Girl).

I love my girls :)

1 comment: