Sunday, October 25, 2009

The Clocks go Back

So this weekend the clocks went back. All over rollercoaster.ie there were/are Mums querying the clock change, and how will they change their little ones routine. They just have it sorted and now they've to change it! Pretty much the same posts every time the clock change comes around, whether its forward or back. Stewy was delighted about the change, all excited about our extra hours sleep. That's also how everyone else was describing it, radio, TV etc.

Well, whoever came up with that one, must never had had infants sleeping in the same house as them. WHY didn't anyone tell the children that we were supposed to sleep an extra hour.

Last night was a little tough as Megan is teething so she just wanted to be snuggled into Mummy. I really don't sleep well with anything/one snuggled into me. Then she woke up for the day quite early this morning, like she has since starting this teething thing a week ago. At this point I had forgotten about the clock change, so it was in fact an hour earlier than I thought. 5.30am! Chloe then woke and came into our room at what I thought was 8.30am, right on time. Stewy was whinging at her, telling her to "go back to bed" "give Mummy and Daddy a break". (Yeah, like that was going to work!) I asked him why he was being so hard on her, and he informed me it was actually 7.30am. I tried to explain to him that "how is she supposed to know that she should have slept an extra hour? do you think her body would just know it was that time of year?" Response - "Yeah...."

Fast forward the rest of the day and its around bedtime. Bedtime here is between 8.30pm and 9pm. This is where it gets confusing. Stewy says looking at the clock that hasn't been adjusted yet,
"Put the girls to bed at 8" (Thinking it was 7.30pm)
"At 8? no, they must go to bed at 9, to get used to the time change"
"OK, well then 8.30pm, in an hour"
"Its 6.30pm Stewy..."
"WHAT? It cant be, are you sure. It feels much later."

I did NOT get an extra hours sleep... I got an extra hour in the day. Whoever said that there are not enough hours in the day is WRONG. I am wrecked tired! I feel like I have been up for days. Its 9.15pm, and I am definitely ready for bed.

1 comment:

  1. HA Ha! So true :) But then, that seems to be life as normal at our house! Once upon a time, we had a routine... sigh.

    ReplyDelete