Sunday, October 11, 2009

My Heart Stopped

So after such success of our last walk to the park, I decided to go again. Chloe walking along with her little buggy, she got a little bit ahead of me. Well, we came to a part in the path where you have to step off the path and then back on. Instead of stepping back onto the path Chloe started to wander onto the road. AHHHH.

You know when your Mom used to say "I've got eyes in the back of my head!!". Well, I don't know HOW I saw it. But I knew there was a truck coming from behind me. I didn't know how far away the truck was, I didn't know how fast it was going, I didn't know if the truck driver would be able to see my little dare devil or not. All I knew was there was a truck coming and MY little girl was in the road, completely oblivious to the dangers.

I let go of my buggy with Megan in it (bear in mind, that buggy could have also rolled right into the road as we were on a slope, but someone was watching out for me and my family) I ran into the road, grabbed Chloe by the arm and practically chucked her off the road. She started bawling crying, poor girl didn't know what had just happened. The truck drove past, and was going quite slowly, so I don't know if the truck had waited for me until I got my baby, or what had happened. All I know was, we were all OK! Phew. We were also right by the playground, so Chloe wasn't crying for too long.

It's funny, I had just been thinking about what I would do if Chloe walked into or fell into the road, I of course decided that I would do exactly what I did.

I'm pretty sure my heart stopped!

2 comments:

  1. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH i repeat AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ok ok phew . my word so so so glad everyone is ok! thank goodness you listened to your intuition

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!!! Heart stopped when she wandered onto the road, didn't start again until the last paragraph. And they wonder why women age faster then men...

    ReplyDelete