Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Fab Cold Morning



Never thought I would say that!!

Well, it didn't start out so great. Megan woke at some awful hour and I fed and fed her until she was back asleep, but wouldn't release me. Then I could hear it, the cries of my other little girl. That feeling of disappointment that I wouldn't get to sleep just another 20 min came over me. Then I carefully pulled away from the "one" who was holding me prisoner. Phew, she didn't wake. Brrrrrr IT'S COLD! Straight to turn on the heating, for the first time since moving in here, run around the house turning on the radiators, only to find that most of them have been on the whole time, but not actually getting hot! Brrrr.

I get on with the morning routine, feeding, changing nappy's and getting dressed. It was cold out, but the sun was out, it was a fresh Autumn morning. I decided to put the warmest of coats on the girls and go for a walk. I only had the single buggy, as Stewy had taken the car with the double buggy to work. I brought along Chloe's little buggy and we set off on our "adventure".

It was today, while walking, that it hit me, Chloe is not a baby anymore.Of course, I've known for quite a while that she is getting all big and grown up, it just really hit me today. She was so so cute, waving at everyone that passed, "chatting" to me, and to strangers.

We arrived at the park, and she pointed with glee. Of course, I forgot that just yesterday it had been lashing! So everything was soaking wet, I look in the baby bag, "I have to have something in here that will dry the necessary playground items, a bib maybe?" No nothing, just one last nappy! Perfect I thought, its made to soak up wetness. Not so perfect. Chloe was soaked by the time we were finished! She also decided to clean everything in the park with this nappy! Funny site, I was the only one there, so I wasn't embarrassed into stopping her.

Great, Megan needs a feed... its freezing out here. I manage to hold her in her giant coat and feed for a while. Brrrr. Chloe announces its time to go by grabbing her buggy and saying "Cum-om" (Come on). Off we go and wave "Bye" to the park. We walk past a wall and some trees and Chloe looks around and sees a playground! She points with glee, and protests until I give in and follow her to this "newly" found park. Her buggy gets "stuck" in the grass a few times and she needs "help". When we get closer to the "new" park she looks in disgust and says "nooo ***pause*** NO!!", turns around and is ready for the walk home. :)

We passed a man playing the accordion, and she was looking at him, very concerned. She wasn't brave enough to start dancing until we had passed him a couple of feet. She inspected every window and doorway. The dogs that passed got a scream of delight from her. The people that walked by were waved at.

It was a lovely morning. We got home and I made some soup, after changing Chloe out of her wet cold clothes, we sat at the kitchen table drinking our soup, chatting.

What a big girl she is...

1 comment:

  1. They grow up so damn fast! Some times I think it would be easier to keep them little lumps forever, but that would be no fun would it?!

    ReplyDelete