Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Two Big Bright Blue Eyes

In the "beginning" Megan would sleep anywhere, for as long as she liked. I, nor anyone else, could do anything about it. When I took the girls to get a picture done together, I literally could not get Megan to wake up. We shouted, picked her up, moved her around. She opened her eyes for a second or two, and then back asleep. The photographer did her best to catch the eyes open, but of course then it was done quickly, resulting in not so great pictures.

Well, its not the "beginning" anymore. Megan has become such a light sleeper. Its not even funny. She now will only sleep in the car, in her cot or nursing. That's it. Even then, she will only nap for 20 min's max at a time. Something will wake her, noise, a light, or possibly silence! In fact, I think she sleeps less than Chloe sleeps. Chloe can nap for up to 3 hours a day, and not usually less than 2 hours. Megan is having 4, maybe 5, 20min naps a day. Crazy!

Last night, Stewy and I decided to get a movie and some ice-cream (sooo good, but soo bad). We were debating whether to risk watching the movie in bed (Megan is in the cot in our room, she wakes about a billion times a night, no way I'm walking further than our room). Well, we thought, we have watched a movie with Megan in the room before... so it should be OK, right?

Well, Stewy went in first, tip-toeing. He turned on the TV, turned down the sound and started to set up the DVD. I walked in next, as I walk past the cot I just have a peek in (like most Mom's instinctively do, I think), there she lay, faced towards the TV. Two big bright blue eyes staring towards the light. I daren't move an inch, I whisper, "She's awake!". She doesn't budge from looking towards the light. I tell himself to "abort the mission, quick", as quietly and quickly as we possibly could, we got out of the room and closed the door. We listen for a few minutes, and sigh a big sigh of relief when we don't hear anything. :) She went back to sleep.

Stewy and I watched the movie on the couch.

1 comment:

  1. Hee Hee! Too cute:) I could picture every bit of that and know the scenario all too well:) We use Jen's "Extractor Fan" technique whereby the second anna gets tired, she's wrapped up like a sausage, tossed into either the moses basket or her car seat and flung up on the kitchen counter with the extractor fan on high. Works (almost) every time!

    ReplyDelete