Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Football

Well, what can I say?

Everybody who knows Stewy knows that he is football MAD. Most people also know that for him to come home after playing footie WITHOUT an injury is quite unusual. So when Stewy limped in from his game last Saturday, I didn't look twice. I just carried on as usual, I didn't even ask him what happened. I didn't ask when he said he thought he would go the A&E. He sometimes overreacts (like insisting on going to the doctor on our honeymoon because he had very very bad sunburn, the doctor literally laughed) so, I still didn't bat an eyelid. He continued to moan as the day went on, then I asked. He had fallen while running and trying to turn around. Nobody tackled him, he didn't trip on someone/something, he wasn't even on the ball. He just fell.

After a chiropractor friend said he was pretty sure Stewy had damaged his crucial ligament, Stewy went to the A&E. That was about 10pm at night. Luckily, I had to go home, you know, to take care of the girls. Stewy arrived home at 6am!!!! (His Mammy drove him to and collected him from the A&E!)

The Doctor said he also thought it was his crucial ligament, but because it was too swollen, he couldn't tell for sure. It could also be his tendon, but a x-ray confirmed it was not the bone. Stewy has been booked off work until Thursday, when he will have another x-ray, and all shall be revealed. Until then, I am waiting on him hand and foot. OK, not really, but I do have to help him out quite a bit. But if I'm honest, I 'm delighted Stewy is at home with me for a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment