Monday, December 14, 2009

"Young People" and Technology

When I was growing up, I was one of the lucky ones that had a computer in the house. So in First Year of Secondary school, in Computer class, I found it very funny when the teacher was explaining how to turn the computer on, and teaching us about double clicking the mouse. After that though, computers became very popular and I grew up with all the teens knowing more about "technology" than our parents or grandparents. When i say technology, I mean computers, CD writers, mobile phones and mp3 players.
I will admit that I am not a wizz with MP3 Players, because I never "got" the idea of buying music, when you could just listen to it on the radio! Teens a few years younger than me would know more about wireless Internet and other stuff than me.

Recently Stewy got his hands on (as in he BOUGHT it second hand, not stole it!!) an iPhone, and gave it to me. While it might be a little wasted on me, I still love it just the same.

For those who don't know, its a touch screen phone. To unlock the screen you have to slide your finger from one side of the screen to the other, but in a specific spot. Imagine my surprise when Chloe held my phone for one of the first times, and was sliding her finger in the exact spot to unlock it, and she succeeded! Yes, younger people may be more "in" with technology than me, but that just takes the biscuit!

2 comments:

  1. Go Chloe! Do you have the falling sheep game on your iphone? My sis in law does and it's addictivE!!!!! Can't wait to see you guys sometime in the future :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chloe, you are my hero!! I have a post almost identical to this on my blog where my 2 year old is telling me how EASY it is to play Bubble Popper on my husband's super fancy phone. Uh huh. I can barely figure out how to answer the thing when it rings. Amazing how the next generation just gravitates to technology, huh?

    ReplyDelete