Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Chloes 2nd Birthday Party

I had been planning it for weeks. Picking up bits and pieces for it as I went along. The day finally came for Chloe's 2nd Birthday Party.

I had invited family, and Chloe's little friends from nursery in Church. I had invited 13 children under 3! I knew 2 weren't coming, so expecting 11. We made up 14 party bags "just in case". Well, I needed them! I forgot to count Chloe's Aunty (who is 8) as a child, even though she really still is one. Stewy had invited a little boy and I forgot to count him as Stewy had done the inviting.

Anyway, with some people not coming, some bringing more of their kids than just the one, we ended up having 16 kiddies including Chloe (not including Megan who thankfully slept through most of the party!) Chaos? Madness? No, it really was great fun!

As the children arrived I had them colour in a big Christmas Tree that I had drawn. They loved it! Then we played pass the parcel. All the little gifts were Christmasy. They really loved that as well.

Then, the hit of the day, I got them decorating cup cakes. This is something that I did as a kid at all my birthday parties. I had smarties and other sweet for them to stick on their cakes. And of course, icing. Red, green and white icing, to keep in the Christmas theme. They had such a good time making them and eating them.

After that they pulled their Christmas crackers, ate sandwiches and just ran around having tons of fun!

I had decorated a small cake into a Santa face, and we sang happy birthday to Chloe. She didn't blow out the candle, but was fascinated with it.

Then as people were leaving the children got to have a party bag. Now the party bags were mini Christmas stockings with chocolate decorations and candy canes inside. They were also a big hit.

When people left we finally got to open all the presents she got. She was spoilt! She got clothes, and shoes (she loves her shoes) and endless amount of jewelry. Bags, colouring books, crayons, activity books and story books. A fairy dress, a pink bouncy ball, a toy phone. A few babies (dolls) and a barbie. She loved them all! One of her favourite things was a card! :) The card sings happy birthday, and it actually says Chloe!

All in all, it was a really great birthday party. I loved having so many children here, running around having fun. I loved that Chloe wasn't being shy, and enjoyed herself. And Chloe's Great Granny Betty did most of the cleaning up (Betty couldn't stop cleaning if she tried!) So I didnt have much to do afterward. Great. :)

1 comment: