Thursday, December 3, 2009

Locked In

I had just gotten in with the girls after been out shopping. I put Megan down in the living room and went to the downstairs toilet to do my business. Megan is screaming as she does not like it when I leave the room. Chloe is playing in the hall way.I come out of the bathroom and go get Megan. Meanwhile Chloe wanders into the bathroom and closes the door. With Megan I go to play with Chloe, knock on the door, shout "Helllooo", that kind of thing.


SHOCK


Chloe locked the door! Its a new house and I didn't even realise there was a key in the door! All I'm thinking is, "shes not even 2, HOW am I going to get her to unlock the door and come out!?". I look through the keyhole, the key is slightly turned. I txt Stewy and my sister. Stewy says to take the handle off the door and see if I can get to the key to turn it. Sister says to put a paper under the door and try shimmy the key out the door, hoping it will land on the paper.


Just then my Mother in Law arrived, she was coming to get Chloe to go out for a few hours. HA! she starts laughing at me asking what I was doing sitting on the hallway floor. All the while Chloe is playing happily away, hears her Nanny and says "Hello". My brother in law is with Mother in law (he is 16) and thinks Chloe is very funny saying hello and knocking on the door.


We finally are able to shimmy the key out the door (with much difficulty) but Chloe picks it up! We try to tell her to put it under the door (shes just 2 for goodness sakes..), no luck. Then, the crying starts. Uh oh. the key is on the floor and we get a wire hanger and put it under the door (we can see the key) Chloe freaks out at this wire thing almost poking at her and is kicking it. When we manage to hook the key on the hanger, she freaks out even more and grabs the key and throws it! This happens a couple (hundred) more times when Chloe starts to get tired. She hadn't napped yet that day and it was past nap time. She sits on the floor just bawling her little eyes out. Now we cant get to the key as she is in the way. We need a new plan. We have to take the door off its hinges.. anyone know how to do that?? No, nobody there had a clue.. So we need to break the frame of the door enough to be able to pull the door open without having to unlock it. I talk to Chloe and tell her to lie down and close her eyes to have a rest. She does and falls asleep. All the while my Brother in Law is busy wrecking the door frame!

We finally got it open and poor Chloe was fast asleep. I picked her up slowly but she woke up and wouldn't let me go for the next hour. Poor girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment